Log in

No account? Create an account

Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
English lessons and mash making
That I will be coaching and dragging Yeo's eldest son (13 years old) hopefully pass that psychological barrier blocking most taiwanese from the english language world in the limited time I have left obviously affect the outings for me and Tinkerbell.

Such as today when I have him for the afternoon. I had earlier intended to go to Dragon Eye pavilion today so I postponed that to Wednesday when I have the entire day free.

I will be leaving Chiayi on Saturday to Taipei. My plane to Singapore will be on Monday afternoon.

It is an interesting contrast from the time when I had to first leave Tink behind. Every hour was precious and both me and my wife were desperate to spend as much time as was possible with her before we had to go.

I am more relaxed about Tinkerbell now. It also helped that Tink was also with me during the English tuition. A debt of gratitude is owed by me to the Yeo for looking after my love one.

Even if I do not have her with me, I knew Tinkerbell would only be a flight away. And she is always mine. That clearly affected my frame of mind, unlike the last time when it hurt so much that I could not take her with us. The certainty that she is also loved to distraction by the Yeo family and friends was also very comforting to me.

So this morning, I stayed around his factory out in the rice and pineapple fields and took Tink for short walks and short rides. That relived some old memories. I was riding on my bike in that area with Joy 2 years ago posting up Tinkerbell posters and knocking on doors handing out leaflets.

Then after lunch, the three of us rode off to LangTang to continue the lessons. The tough part started today. That he could understand more English than what he thought himself capable of.

Tink minded her business much of the time. I took her carrier with me to the picnic area with tables and seats. A couple of times, after Tink wrestle with me for the pen and chewed chunks from the books, she was chucked into the carrier to cool down. Then when he was carrying out the exercises that I set, Tink came out to do recall flights or just stayed on my shoulder. She indicated her displeasure by shitting on me as usual. I should scold her, but did not have the heart to do so. Any scolding of any kind from me to Tinkerbell would be very hypocritical as I love her too much. So I kept my mouth shut and just went on to give her head rubs and beak rubs.

We then shifted the classroom to the twin pavilions at a different area of LangTang.

Then late in the afternoon when I was winding up, it threatened to rain. We reached to Yeo's place.

The last few times when I went out with Tink and Yeo and met other locals, I was basically the interested observer as Yeo went on to tell others of the training of Tink and would eventually touch on the diet. Yeo told them that it was important to give correct food which include the mash diet of Tinkerbell. Except that he stopped that for some time as the mash involved in elaborate preparation and handling.

He must have felt kind of embarrased over that, that he talked about mash to others and he himself not giving that to Tink. Actually I worked on him very carefully and indirectly for the last 3 weeks which seemed to have paid off.

He decided to return to Tinks mash, a variation from Mike's Manna Mash. We talked about that in the morning and I was prepared to buy again all the dried beans and stuff thats available in Taiwan. And get whatever not available to mail that to him.

We were all pleased to find the wife kept better stock and knowledge of those stuff we gave to them before me and my wife left Taiwan. Lots of different kind of beans, the red, green, white, black, garbonzo, blackeye, kidney etc etc were retrieved. A very small batch was in the process of being prepared to be made into mash.

After giving Tink her goodnight kiss and headrubs, I left